James ran the St.George Marathon in October. He was 40th over all! That's out of 5200+ runners!!!!!! His official time was 2 hours 47 minutes and 50 seconds! He placed 8th in his age group (35-39). It was really neat to watch him finish with his brother who was such a support to James in his training. They both did a wonderful job. I am so proud.
Well we have been enjoying the holidays. Halloween was a Blast! I love helping the kids decide what they want to be and making there costumes.
James was - for those who don't know - Brett Michaels from Rock of Love. Ada was the sweetest witch ever. I was an Indian. Gabe was a headless ghoul with his head in a jar - he picked this I swear, I just made it! And JD was a Red Lego brick. This kids got tons of compliments on there costumes and they loved that! I don't think people thought that James was even dressed up, that made it even more hilarious to me!
With the cooler weather we as a family have been taking advantage of that by taking family bike rides whenever we can.
The kids are so good - when their not running off the path and almost bailing off 10 foot cliffs because they weren't watching were they were riding. I'm sure none of you ever have that problem with your kids.... We have ridden several miles, up steep hills, dirt paths, by rivers, in the heat and cold, and the boys just keep on pedaling. What troopers and Ada really enjoys the views from her seat in the trailer.
November started off with my sweet nephew Mika being born to my little brother Dan and his wife Tara. He is so pretty - can you say a boy is pretty - at least without his daddy killing me?.
With the Thanksgiving season approaching I find myself full of gratitude that I can finally put Ada's hair into piggy tails!!!!! I know I'm pathetic, probably the only mother out there who can't wait to do her daughters hair in the morning.
They are so cute! I can't wait till so grows some real hair then well have some serious fun! Trust me this is much better than her Frank hair she is usually sporting - you know frank from Everybody Loves Raymond.
The tooth fairy has made a few stops by our house lately JD lost his first tooth on 9/13
Not to be out done Gabe had to lose his exactly 2 months later on 11/13
This year I was asked by my sweet friend Julie to help be on her committee for the Southern Utah Junior Miss Program. It was alot of fun to help see those girls and there determination as they put themselves out there and worked toward these scholarships. Now I was never a pageant girl so I had no experience in that area, but being on stage and running things from there I truly missed. So a big thanks to Julie for giving me that opportunity. And another big thanks to the committee of new and old friends I got to work with they were wonderful and the program was a success. If you know a local girl who will be a senior girl next year refer her to our blog site for more info. http://www.southernutahjuniormiss.blogspot.com/.
It is so worth it!
My boys go to the best school ever! I love their principal Mr.Stahelie and what he does for those kids. He has each class pick a college and from the time they are kindergarteners they teach the importance of going to college. They recently had a pep rally and football game teachers V.S. 5th graders. The 5th graders kicked butt! My favorite part was watching my kids and nieces and nephew go aound the track wearing their college colors! Go College!
Let's hear it for Gabe and the Oregon Ducks!
My niece Pyper and the USC Fireants!
JD is an LSU tiger. ROAR!
My niece Rylee is a Washington Huskie! Go Huskies go!
We had Thanksgiving at James Parents house this year. I made three pies, Apple cherry and Pecan. Surprisingly they were all more than just edible. Grandma had us write on leafs what we were thankful for. After dinner the kids went out back with Grandpa and played some baseball!
The food was delicious! Just ask Ada, it was so good she wanted to wear it.
I have alot to be thankful for this season. My family is my greatest joy! I am thankful for everyone of them. My husband who is an amazing man and I don't quite deserve him - but i'll keep working for it. My Savior and all he has done for me and all the countless blessing we recieve through him. I am also greatful for all of my friens and family out there who may actually take thier time to read my blog - I hope at least you enjoy it! I may even try to continue this! Who knows?!
.jpg)
.jpg)
Wow Emily! You have been super busy! Your family is beautiful! I can't even how grown up your boys are!
ReplyDeleteWay to go catching up! It's hard to get into. We did it cause my grandma would call us when we moved back down thinking something was happening and needing to see if we were alright. If I don't blog, I get a call.
ReplyDeleteYour family ais great and way to go James on the marathon!!